2024.02.29 – Balance Training and Reducing Fall Risk in Individuals with Brain Injury (Live Webinar)
A Carolyn Rocchio Caregivers live webinar featuring Jason Adour, PT, DPT, Michael Cyr, PT, DPT, and Katie Heller, PT, DPT. Airs live at 3 p.m. ET on February 29, 2024.
If you purchase a registration, you will receive an email with attendance instructions before the webinar airs. Please make sure to whitelist @biausa.org to ensure you receive the instructions.
Falls are the leading cause of traumatic brain injury in the United States. In this presentation, learn why those who have sustained a brain injury may be at further risk of falling and injury, and the impact of falls on individual and societal health. Presenters will identify the personal and environmental factors that put an individual at risk of falling. They will also explain how skilled physical therapy services and balance training can help individuals maintain their independence and mobility.
- Discuss how the diverse and unique impairments associated with brain injury contribute to falls.
- Describe the impact of falls on individual and societal health.
- Identify the personal and environmental factors that put individuals at risk of falling.
- Explain how skilled physical therapy services and balance training can help individuals maintain their independence and mobility.
- Free for survivors/family caregivers.
- $50 for clinicians. Includes 1 ACBIS CEU.
- Jason Adour, PT, DPT, Founder and Physical Therapist, Maine Strong Balance Center
- Michael Cyr, PT, DPT, Physical Therapist, Maine Strong Balance Center
- Katie Heller, PT, DPT, Physical Therapist, Maine Strong Balance Center
BIAA Webinar Cancellation and Refund Policy for Live Webinars
Registration cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refund Eligibility: Webinar registration fees are refundable if submitted no later than 24 hours before the scheduled webinar date/start time. Refunds are subject to a $10 cancellation fee. Cancellations received less than 24 hours before the scheduled webinar date/start time will not be refunded. If you are unable to attend the live webinar, you can request access to the recorded webinar. If we cancel a webinar due to circumstances beyond our control, we will notify attendees with as much advance notice as possible. Attendees will be given the opportunity to transfer their registration to another webinar or obtain a full refund.
Refunds are Not Provided for the Following Reasons: 1. Attendee Technology. It is the responsibility of the webinar attendee to test the computer setup prior to the start of the webinar. If failure with your technology prevents access to the live webinar, you will not be eligible for a refund. If the technical problem is due to our error, we will offer you the choice of access to a copy of the recording or a full refund. 2. Attendee Email. Refunds will not be issued in cases where an attendee did not receive the webinar login instruction email. It is the attendee’s responsibility to contact us if they don’t receive the required login information at least 24 hours prior to the start time of the webinar. 3. Attendee Absence. Attendees who do not participate in the live webinar will not be entitled to a refund.