The Essential Brain Injury Guide and Study Companion Set
The Essential Brain Injury Guide, Edition 5.0, Revised contains vital information about brain injury, its treatment, and rehabilitation. Together with the Essential Brain Injury Guide Study Companion, this textbook and workbook set will reinforce your knowledge of brain injury and prepare you for the ACBIS exam.
Expand the dropdown menu for case pricing!
Products ordered before 3 p.m. ET Thursday will ship Friday. Any product ordered after 3 p.m. ET Thursday will ship the following Friday. If you would like to have your product shipped earlier or to a location outside of the 48 contiguous U.S. states, please call 703-761-0750 ext. 620. This may incur additional shipping fees.
The expanded and updated Essential Brain Injury Guide, Edition 5.0, Revised is a hard cover, 25 chapter, 500-page text that provides a wealth of vital information about brain injury, its treatment and rehabilitation. Over 60 authors contributed to this edition, which includes an overview of topics such as:
- TBI and diagnostic imaging
- Medical, physical, cognitive, neurobehavioral, and psychosocial consequences of injury
- TBI in pediatrics and adolescents, as well as aging with a brain injury
- Concussions and mTBI, as well as disorders of consciousness
- Rehabilitation philosophy, outcome measurement, and care management
- Effect of injuries on families
- Cultural, gender, and sexuality issues
- Military populations
- Participation and return to work
The Essential Brain Injury Guide Study Companion will help reinforce the concepts learned through the Essential Brain Injury Guide Edition 5.0, Revised. With its guided questions and prompted note-taking, the 68-page workbook will be useful whether ACBIS applicants attend trainings by a Certified Brain Injury Specialist Trainer, participate in group study sessions, or self-study.
We suggest reading each Essential Brain Injury Guide chapter completely before turning to the Study Companion to complete the prompts. Prompts within a chapter may not appear in the same order as the text within a chapter of the Guide.