2019.05.21 – Postconcussive Headache: A Pain in the Brain? (Recorded Webinar)
A Robert Sbordone Memorial mTBI/Concussion Lecture recorded webinar featuring Nathan Zasler, M.D.
To download the webinar, choose the “Download Now” option from the dropdown below. After completing the checkout process, you will receive an email with further instructions and a file that includes information about receiving your ACBIS CEU.
Aired live May 21, 2019. Includes 1 ACBIS CEU.
Post-concussive headache (PCH) is an often perplexing, common clinical condition. This lecture provides insights into the myriad causes of headache following concussion and the importance of defining the specific pain generators to optimize treatment efficacy. Dr. Zasler reviews headache classification, etiology, pathophysiology, and examination caveats. He also examines treatment options and discusses information regarding natural history, prognostic factors, and outcomes. Dr. Zasler concludes with advice for directions for future research to enhance our understanding of this class of headache disorders as related to improving clinical treatment outcomes.
At the end of this presentation, participants should be able to:
- Identify the major etiologies of PCH
- Examine current classification methodologies and limitations
- Understand the pathophysiological mechanisms posited to be the cause of PCH
- Review the key historical questions in the PCH work-up
- Delineate the key examination points for assessment of PCH
- Provide an overview of the various treatment options relevant to PCH
- Delineate the natural history and prognosis of PCH
- Suggest directions for research and improved understanding of this class of headache disorders
If you select "Recorded Webinar - Download Now!" from the dropdown menu below, you will be prompted to continue to payment. When you have completed the checkout process, you will receive an email with further instructions. The file contained in this email also includes instructions about receiving your ACBIS CEU.
If you would like to purchase a CD, please select "CD/Handout Package, CBIS/T Rate (Includes 1 CEU)" from the drop-down menu. Please note: The CD may not be available for immediate shipping.
On-demand recorded webinars are non-refundable.