2022.11.09 – The Transition Home after Brain Injury: Preparation, Communication, and Strategies (Recorded Webinar)
A Carolyn Rocchio Caregivers recorded webinar featuring Jennifer Schwartz-Mitchell, Ph.D., CBIS. This webinar was created with support from Avanir Pharmaceuticals and provided at no cost to attendees.
Aired live on November 9, 2022.
What are common issues experienced by individuals with brain injuries and their families during the transition home, and how can these issues be managed? Jennifer Schwartz-Mitchell, Ph.D., CBIS, will highlight potential pitfalls, communication strategies, expectation management, and coping skills associated with the homecoming process following a brain injury.
- Dealing with grief, depression, and other adjustment challenges after brain injury for both individuals and families
- Communication challenges and ways to avoid conflict
- The importance of sleep and associated strategies in brain injury recovery
- Supervision, support, and safety guidelines
- Intimacy, hygiene, and other personal issues
This webinar is provided at no cost with support from Avanir Pharmaceuticals.
Note: This webinar does NOT provide CEUs or a certificate of attendance.
Jennifer Schwartz-Mitchell, Ph.D., CBIS, is a Clinical Psychologist with Sinai Rehabilitation Center at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore. She has over 20 years of experience in clinical/rehabilitation psychology. She earned her Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from West Virginia University School of Medicine in 2000 and is licensed to practice by the state board in Maryland.